MUNICH, Germany (BRAIN) — German trade show organizer ISPO has named one overall and seven category winners of its biannual "Bike Industry’s Best Start Ups" awards. The eight winners were selected from 188 entries, with the majority of product submissions coming from the e-bike and urban segments.
A jury of experts selected 35 of best newcomers from the pool of entries. These finalists will have the opportunity to showcase their brands at ISPO BIKE 2013, which will be held in Munich, Germany, on July 25-28.
The overall and category winners were chosen from the 35 finalists and include:
- Overall: The Dutch company Urban Arrow impressed the jury with its high-quality, lightweight cargo e-bike.
- Urban: Bicicapace was acknowledged for its stylish and practical compact cargo bikes hailing from Milan, Italy.
- E-bike/Pedelec: Germany-based Coboc was chosen for its lightweight bicycles that have the battery, electronics and sensors built into the frame.
- Performance: The Swiss company Open was selected for the company’s integration of all brake and shift cables inside the frame, and for having the lightest 29er frame on the market.
- Family: Scoot & Ride was chosen for its kids’ scooter that converts to a push bike with the push of a button.
- Apparel: Rhode Island-based G-Form was honored for its innovative elbow, knee and shin protectors made from PORON@XRD that stiffen on impact.
- Accessories: The jury was impressed by BikeCityGuide’s silicone smartphone holder and navigation app that routes cyclists away from busy streets in selected European cities.
- Bike Parts: Magnic Light was selected for its efficient contact-free dynamo-powered light system powered by rotating wheels and strong neodymium magnets.