In the summer of 2005, the partners of GSD Event Productions were on the hook to promote the national cyclo-cross championships. Three venues had been rejected. Lyle Fulkerson brazenly asked Providence officials to hold the event on the grounds of the Rhode Island State House.
After flatly rejecting that proposal, officials directed him to Roger Williams Park, just three miles south. Each of the three partners toured the park separately; each were stunned. The amenities, the topography, and the beauty of the park sang out. They had found a Valhalla of American cyclo-cross.
• Two days of UCI international racing over October 9th and 10th
• Part of the prestigious Verge NewEngland Championship Cyclo-cross Series.
• Industry outdoor tradeshow and exposition October 8, 9 &10
• Racers will be in attendance from throughout America, Canada and Europe.
• More than 3,000 spectators, participants and exhibitors are expected each day.