COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (BRAIN) — On the heels of the vote to include triathlon as the next NCAA Emerging Sport for Women, USA Triathlon has launched the Women in Sport Webinar Series. The series comprises six presentations from accomplished female athletes and coaches, including 2012 Olympian Gwen Jorgensen.
The series will cover mental skills, physiology, racing tactics, training and paratriathlon opportunities aimed at female triathletes, with five live webinars scheduled throughout February. A bonus webinar covering the effects of eating disorders in the sport will be available on demand.
Gwen Jorgensen, who in 2013 became the first U.S. woman to win an ITU World Triathlon Series event, will kick off the series Feb. 3. The full series schedule includes:
- Racing Techniques with Gwen Jorgensen, Feb. 3, 4 p.m. ET
- Training Specifics with Lindsay Hyman, Feb. 6, 5 p.m. ET
- Mental Skills Training for the Female Athlete with Dara Wittenberg, Feb. 13, 5 p.m. ET
- Paratriathlon Considerations with Connie Sol, Feb. 20, 5 p.m. ET
- Optimized Performance for the Female Body with Gale Bernhardt, Feb. 27, 5 p.m. ET
- Hidden Dangers in a Growing Sport: Eating Disorders in Triathlon with Ellen Hart, on demand
Archived webinar recordings will be available one hour after the live event. Individuals who register for the entire series will receive email reminders for the live and archived webinars when they become available.
The cost is $35 for USA Triathlon members and $45 for non-members. To learn more or to register for the series, visit the USA Triathlon website.