BOULDER, CO (BRAIN) – Race Across America organizers are planning a series of recreational rides across the country this year that will include gran fondo events, RAAM qualifiers and recreational rides as short as 30 miles.
The 2013 RAAM Challenge Series kicks off March 9 in Austin, Texas.
Events include three non-competitive rides of 30, 60 and 120 miles, and two endurance races of 200 and 400 miles. The 120 mile ride will be timed like a traditional gran fondo.
Each event includes a race where solo racers attempt to qualify for RAAM and relay teams can tune up for the Race Across America, which starts June 11 in Oceanside, California.
- March 9th, Austin (Marble Falls), Texas
- April 6th, Oceanside, Calif.
- May 11th, Portland, Ore.
- August 17th, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
- September 14th, Sacramento, Calif.
- September 28th, Columbus (Dublin), Ohio
- November 2nd, Daytona Beach, Fla.
More information: www.raamchallenge.com.