WASHINGTON (BRAIN) — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has now listed Haibike's e-bike recall, which the company announced on Feb. 14.
The recall affects XDURO Race, Superrace and XDURO Urban e-bikes. The company said the voluntary recall is a precautionary step based on internal testing of the Haibike-manufactured fork used on the bikes.
The following models have been recalled:
- Haibike XDURO Urban (2014 and 2015 models)
- Haibike XDURO Urban RC (2016 models)
- Haibike XDURO Race (2014 and 2015 models)
- Haibike XDURO Superrace (2014 and 2015 models)
- Haibike XDURO Race S RX (2016 models)
- Haibike XDURO Urban S RX (2016 models)
Consumers can contact Haibike's parent company, Accell North America, at 800-222-5527 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at www.haibike.com and click on “Current recalls” on the right side of the page for more information.
More information: The CPSC recall notice.