CHARLOTTE, N.C. (BRAIN) — The 10th edition of the North American Handmade Bicycle Show wrapped Sunday with the naming of the Best of Show bike and the location of next year's show: Louisville, Ky.
NAHBS founder and president Don Walker, a Louisville native, said next year's show will be "huge."
"I'm on the ground there 365 days a year, so we have 12 months to make Louisville the best NAHBS ever," he said. The show will be held March 6-8 at the Kentucky International Convention Center in downtown Louisville. The convention center is connected via skywalk to 2,300 hotel rooms, with an additional 1,800 hotel rooms located within six blocks.
Portland, Ore.-based Argonaut won the "Best Layup" prize for its Di2 Roadbike, which went on to win Best in Show.
"I can't tell you how excited I am," said Argonaut's Ben Farver. "I've been following the show for years and I've always paid attention to the awards — particularly Best in Show. To be included in the select pool of people that have taken this award home before me is insane. It's an honor. I can't even describe how it feels."
Watch for more coverage of NAHBS in the April 15 issue of Bicycle Retailer.
The 2014 NAHBS Award winners are:
- Best City or Utility Bike: Cykel Mageren
- Best Road Bike: Kent Eriksen Cycles
- Best Mountain Bike: Breadwinner Cycles
- Best Cyclocross Bike: Retrotec & Inglis Cycles
- Best Track Bike: Six-Eleven Bicycle Co.
- Best Tandem Bike: Co-Motion Cycles
- Best Fillet Frame: Ellis Cycles
- Best Tig Frame: Kent Eriksen Cycles
- Best Layup: Argonaut Cycles
- Best Finish: Independent Fabrication
- Best Theme: SyCip Bicycles
- Best New Builder: Harvey Cycles
- President's Choice: Peacock Groove
- People's Choice: Six-Eleven Bicycle Co.
- Best in Show: Argonaut Cycles