SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. (BRAIN) — Interbike will bestow awards on everyone from the North American Road Cyclist of the Year to bike shops' Most Profitable Brand at an industry gala to be held during this fall's Las Vegas trade show.
The trade show organizer on Thursday announced the 36 award categories for the event, which will be held Thursday, Sept. 11, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
The nominees and winners will be selected by Interbike's partner organizations – PeopleForBikes, Bicycle Product Suppliers Association, Bicycle Retailer & Industry News, National Bicycle Dealers Association, Triathlon Business International, Competitor Group (Velo magazine) and Hi-Torque Publications (Mountain Bike Action, Road Bike Action, BMX Plus! and Electric Bike Action magazines).
Nominees will be announced in two stages, in early July and early August.
Pat Hus, the vice president of Interbike, said a the gala will be a "fast paced, high-energy celebration."
"We are lining up a strong list of celebrity presenters to distribute the awards to the winners," he said.
A few of the highlighted categories include:
- Athlete Awards
- o North American Road Cyclist of the Year (Male/Female)
- o Best North American Revelation Rider (Male/Female)
- o International Rider of the Year
- Product Awards
- o Mountain and Road Bikes of the Year
- o Innovation of the Year (Non-bike) for both Mountain and Road
- o Best in Show
- Dealer Awards
- o Best Pro Road Shop
- o Best Mountain Bike Shop
- o 2014 Retailer of the Year
- Supplier Awards
- o Highest Brand Profitability to the LBS
- o Best Service to the LBS
- o Best Brand Value to the LBS
- Triathlon Awards
- o International Male and Female Triathletes of the Year
- o Triathlon Industry Leader of the Year
- Advocacy Awards
- o Next Generation Award
- o PlacesForBikes Award
- o Leadership Award
The Interbike website includes a full list of the categories and details for each award.