CHULA VISTA, CA (BRAIN) — The National BMX Hall of Fame has opened the nomination process for this year's inductions.
Any person can nominate anybody for Hall of Fame consideration on the Hall's website. The Hall's criteria for selecting inductees include those who have had "serious impact on the sport of bicycle motocross through performance and accomplishments, or off-the-track deeds and influence for the betterment of the sport."
First and second runners-up from the prior year are automatically nominated for the following year.
Automatic nominees for 2013 are:
- PIONEER RACER: Frank Post and Tracer Finn
- RACER: Billy Griggs and Charles Townsend
- INDUSTRY: George Esser and Jim Jannard
- FREESTYLER: Ron Wilkerson and Martin Aparijo
- WOMAN: Leigh Donovan and Tara Llanes
The 2013 induction ceremony will be held at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista on the evening of Saturday, Sept. 28.