LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. (BRAIN) — Suppliers and retailers are reporting flat sales for the first half of 2014. Many analysts are pointing to poor weather, which hampered sales in many regions in the late winter and early summer. Stats show that first half sales are flat compared to 2013, and down considerably compared to 2012, a relatively strong year.
The first half reports — and outlook for the second half of the year — are examined in detail in the July 15 issue of BRAIN, which is arriving in mailboxes this week.
Also in this issue of BRAIN:
- A special report on the women's market
- A look at why important legislation that suspends import duties on some bikes is stalled in Congress
- A visit with the founder of Colorado craft brewery Oskar Blues, who talks about why his company is moving into the bike industry
- A look at how an Oregon company is using 3D printing to make titanium bike parts
- A discussion with BRAIN’s retail panel about their inventory levels heading into the second half of the year
- A look at product trends at the recent PressCamp in Park City, Utah
- And, the Mud Stud tries guerrilla marketing to increase bike sales